Bookkeeping with QuickBooksThinking of starting a small business, but aren’t familiar with bookkeeping? Started a business, but struggling keeping the books? I was in the same boat until I found QuickBooks for Self-Employed.

In just minutes a week, I can maintain my books with ease. Here are a few of my favorite features:

Easily Categorize Expenses for Taxes

After connecting my business and personal bank accounts to my QuickBooks profile, I can now categorize my expenses with just the click of a button. This is helpful for two reasons, 1) I can see where I’m spending the most money, and 2) I can easily export a report of my Schedule C expenses for my year-end taxes.

Mileage Tracker

I travel  a lot for my business. The mileage tracker on QuickBooks for Self-Employed has been a life saver! In a matter of seconds I can enter my travel information and the program keeps a running report. At tax time, I have a clear picture of what my mileage deduction should be.

Profit and Loss Analysis

Every time I log in, I see a comparison of my year-to-date spending to my income. Just below the profit vs. loss graph is a pie chart of showing expenditures by category. It’s a quick visual indicator of where my business is financially.

Quarterly Estimated Tax Reminder

Tracking quarterly estimated taxes was definitely one of my biggest pain points. Now, when I log in to my account, I see my estimated quarterly taxes right at the top of the screen and the due date.

Invoicing

You do have to apply for online payments, but it’s a simple, straightforward process. Once that’s in place, you’re able to quickly create and send invoices.

Receipt Storage

I hate clutter! With QuickBooks I can take a picture of receipts and store them online. No more piles of receipts to organize on my desk.

Think QuickBooks for Self-Employed might be a good bookkeeping fit for you? Use this link to save 50% off your subscription for the first 6 months!

Please note:

This platform is perfect for the solopreneurs and freelancers out there. If you’re like my husband and have employees, you’ll want to check out this version of QuickBooks. By using this link you can save 20% to 50% off your first 6 months. If you’d like to do payroll from right inside QuickBooks, follow this link.

12 Comments on Conquer Your Fear of Small Business Bookkeeping

1. tara pittman
    February 17, 2017 at 7:09 pm (10 months ago)

I need to do better on my receipt keeping. I should into quiken books.

• Stacy
      February 17, 2017 at 9:19 pm (10 months ago)

Been there, Tara! I love the receipt capture feature.

2. Sarah-Louise Bailey
    February 17, 2017 at 11:57 pm (10 months ago)

Such a very useful features. Everything that was needed in bookkeeping was already here. A great partner for saving time and much effort.

3. Maria Han
    February 18, 2017 at 10:48 am (10 months ago)

Such a good tips! I have online shop but I always lost the receipt, I’m not good at keeping the receipt

4. Amber Myers
    February 19, 2017 at 1:29 am (10 months ago)

Thank you so much for this. I will have to keep it all in mind. I need to start keeping receipts.

5. Rosey
    February 19, 2017 at 2:24 am (10 months ago)

I agree. It’s just one of those things that seems a bit intimidating, until you get the hang of it. Def. something you need to take charge of though, sooner rather than later.

6. Elizabeth O.
    February 19, 2017 at 3:54 am (10 months ago)

It’s important to make sure that you have everything organized and filed. Having all the documents will definitely nake your life easier.

7. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place
    February 19, 2017 at 4:44 am (10 months ago)

That is a big job, so it is definitely scary to tackle it on your own. Thanks for the tips.

8. Chloe
    February 19, 2017 at 4:51 am (10 months ago)

I think organization can be scary sometimes and that is why people avoid sorting out things such as book keeping. Once you have a bit of a routine though it becomes easier.

9. Ana De- Jesus
    February 19, 2017 at 2:09 pm (10 months ago)

This is something I need to do to keep track of finances. I like the idea of a profit vs loss analysis x

10. Angela Key Milnes
    February 20, 2017 at 10:36 am (10 months ago)

I’m so glad that you share this info with us, I need to be more organized and keep all the receipts!

11. academic big paper writing services
    April 7, 2017 at 11:29 am (8 months ago)

Conquer a fear of small business bookkeeping is a complicated task. However, I am so thankful to you for sharing this wonderful piece of writing.